Editorial Assistant Intern (2 positions)
Bulletin of Environmental Studies seeks highly motivated individual(s) with an interest in editorial assistance internship. This internship allows individuals to participate in all areas of the journal for online publications as part of our editorial team. Though the position emphasizes editorial work, however there will be opportunities to learn about the light writing and research methodology as well.
- Copy editing and fact checking on website posts;
- Preparation of social media updates;
- Copy editing and preparing monthly electronic newsletter;
- Copy editing and preparing publicity materials;
- Carrying out light administrative tasks.
Duties may include:
- Collaborating with and assisting other members of the editorial team;
- Researching emergent social media platforms;
- Proofing articles including reviews, original research, etc.
- Providing customer service in person, on the phone and online.
The Editorial Assistant Intern reports to the Managing Editor and Social Media Manager.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
- Ability to type 40+ wpm;
- Strong Internet research skills;
- Familiarity with Associated Press style;
- Strong interest in current events;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively on a team;
- Familiarity with Macs and MS Word.